Thursday, March 6, 2008

Winter weather..Ufff !

Cold weather is something that I'll never forget in my US life so far. For a person who has lived in a place like Chennai forever, cold weather is indeed very challenging. Last winter was good as it was my very first winter here. Cannot definetely forget my first snow. The way we were playing by throwing all those white flakes on each other. Everybody had their first snow pictures taken. I did send my pictures home and my parents were really surprised that I'm somehow able to survive this weather. Specially me as I always used to insist on running the fan at a very low speed in winter.This used to give me a good chance to pick a fight with my sister every night. But anyways.....First snow is always amazing.


But as time goes on, winter weather becomes very depressing. All you get to do is go for work, come back and stay at home (Atleast this is what I do). And not to forget the burden of carrying those heavy jackets the moment you step out. It also does'nt feel any good to see all the lifeless trees around you. But one thing which I look forward to do this winter is SKIING. I think skiing is something which brings life to this otherwise boring weather.I know winter is almost getting over with daylight savings change over the weekend. But its still snowing out here and I could still make it. . To tell the truth, I have already spoiled one skiing plan becoz of which my friend is really mad at me even now. Hopefully we should be able to make it atleast within the next two weeks and then I'll be able to write about my skiing experience. Lets see how it goes.

So...Me signing off for today. Waiting for another chilly snowy tomorrow.

~Cheers~
Prabha

No comments: